- Are you looking for an after-care program where the children are NOT just sitting around unsupervised, doing nothing?
- Would you like your child to be in a trusted, safe environment so you will feel guilt free while you’re at work?
At United Martial Arts Centers we specialize in Transported After-School Martial Arts. UMAC provides a clean, healthy, safe and positive environment in which our professional instructors teach martial arts fitness classes, developing qualities such as: respect, discipline, and confidence. Working parents can feel at ease knowing that their children are safe with positive people that care.
What are the Benefits of the UMAC Transported After-School Program?
- Trusted and caring staff: Our certified instructors take pride in sharing the positive values and philosophy of United Martial Arts Centers. All our staff are what we call "home grown" and have completed UMAC’s Martial Arts Character Development Leadership Training. They share the passion to make a positive impact on the students of UMAC. All of our staff have either been students or parents who have invested years in their martial arts training.
- Safe, structured & positive environment: Your children's safety is our number one focus. Your children will be in the care of our certified staff from their schools' dismissal until they are picked up at the end of the day. We have weekly curriculum providing physical activities, character development themes, martial arts fitness classes and life skills worksheets to keep the students active and engaged. UMAC’s Transported After School Martial Arts Program is the best investment in your child’s future.
Learn Martial Arts Values:
- Respect: Respect is the foundation of martial arts and UMAC is no different. Our students show respect by following the traditions of bowing and saying, "Thank you, Sir" in every class. In doing so, our students will take the appreciation and respect that they learn at UMAC to their homes, schools and communities.
- Discipline: The UMAC Program will help your child develop the self-control and discipline that will surely improve their academics as well as any other activity they are involved in. Our students have the self-control to make the right decisions even in tough situations.
- Confidence: UMAC students develop the confidence in themselves to accomplish anything they wish, in and out of the martial arts schools. We help shy, timid children who can’t even look you in the eye, develop the confidence to break through concrete at their black belt graduation. When children develop confidence at UMAC, they show confidence in school, home and activities which translates to a successful child in life.
- Fitness Martial Arts: UMAC provides our students with quality martial arts instruction that will give your children the skills to defend themselves, become “bullyproof,” and learn traditional martial arts skills, while getting physical exercise. The physical training allows your children to be physically active, get proper exercise and develop healthy habits. This will lead them to feel great about what they are doing and about themselves!
Why UMAC is Uncommon:
- Professional Martial Artists: The Masters of United Martial Arts Centers are full-time professional martial artists who train and teach for a living. It is our lifestyle, not something we do part-time. We wake up every morning filled with energy and passion to teach your children and help them with their martial arts education.
- The "UMAC Character Building Board": We utilize the "UMAC Character Building Board" in every class we teach to help reinforce the martial arts values. We ask the students, "What is important to a martial artist?" Students answer with values such as, "self-control," "respect," and "confidence." As the students demonstrate those values, they receive positive recognition by writing their names on the board so the rest of the class can see.
- UMAC Character Development Programs: At UMAC, we have an array of incentive programs, unique to our organization, to help our students take the UMAC values and bring them outside our centers. We have special incentive programs to encourage reading and improve responsibility along with accountability so the UMAC values can be brought to the student's home and school.
- Transportation Provided: We know how hard it is to get your children to activities after-school. We have the solution for you! We provide free transportation that will pick your children up after-school and safely transport them to our facility.
- Half and Full-Day Programs at no extra cost: UMAC's convenient hours accommodates the working parents' schedules with a pick up time at 6:00 pm. This program is also the answer to the parents' needs for half days, most holidays, and school vacations. When the schools are off, our martial arts school offers a full-day program. The parents are able to drop off the children at 7:30 am and pick them up at 6:00 pm.
- Transportation from local Schools to UMAC five days a week
- Scheduled early dismissals and half days
- Full-day programs from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm on most school holidays
- We include Full-day programs during Winter & Spring Recesses
- Eight to ten weeks of Summer Camp for Full-time After-Schoolers
We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work with families to teach and guide our UMAC children to become respectful, confident, disciplined, members of the community. Our After-School students ultimately become our greatest Black Belts, Instructors and Staff because they train daily. An added (and the most important) benefit is that our staff has the ability to reinforce the martial arts values outside of classes as well as in class. This makes UMAC’s After-School Martial Arts Program a one-of-a-kind experience for all families and students involved.
Results to expect from the Transported After-School Program:
A happy parent knowing that your child is in a safe caring environment while at work.
A happy child because they are having fun while learning invaluable life skills.
A respectful, disciplined and confident child that feels great about what they are doing and, even better, feels great about themselves.
An appreciative parent because they know UMAC has their back with all half days and full days covered so parents could focus on their work.